lynx-dev input type file (was: GIFs corrupted with mime headers option)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev input type file (was: GIFs corrupted with mime headers option)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:08:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Rob Partington wrote:

> In message <address@hidden>,
>            Klaus Weide writes:
> > This doesn't apply to what I assume you are mostly concerned with,
> > binary in post_data.  That wasn't necessary so far, since post_data
> > could only come form forms and would always be encoded in some way.
>
> Already worked around, though, so it's not much of a problem anymore.
> (hopefully).

I hope you can leave the (base64?) encoding in the code as an alternative
mechanism (maybe #ifdef'd), since it seems to be The Right Thing (even if
CGI.pm et al don't currently understand it).

I browsed through you code briefly, but haven't tried it.  Is it true that
at most one file can be submitted in a form?  If so, that's a severe
limitation that should be removed if possible.  (although I don't know how
common forms with more than one file input field are).

   Klaus