Re: lynx-dev input type file (was: GIFs corrupted with mime headers opti

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev input type file (was: GIFs corrupted with mime headers option)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:13:09 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
           Klaus Weide writes:

> I hope you can leave the (base64?) encoding in the code as an alternative
> mechanism (maybe #ifdef'd), since it seems to be The Right Thing (even if
> CGI.pm et al don't currently understand it).

It's probably a good idea, yes.  I'll modify my patch tonight.  (I've got
some other tweaks that need doing as well, to try and cut down the memory
usage when you're uploading a reasonably big file -- speaking of which, do
we want to allow people to impose a limit on the size of file that can be
uploaded?)

> I browsed through you code briefly, but haven't tried it.  Is it true that
> at most one file can be submitted in a form?  If so, that's a severe
> limitation that should be removed if possible.  (although I don't know how
> common forms with more than one file input field are).

It's a problem with my code, at the moment, yes.  I've never seen a form
with more than one file input field, and I've no idea what happens if you
try and put more than one.  (time passes)  Looks like Netscape is perfectly
happy with more than one file input field.  Hmm.  Ok, well, supporting more
than one is a lot easier now I've moved things around.  I should be able
to add that functionality tonight.

Do we want a limit of, say, 8 at most, or unlimited?
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/