Re: lynx-dev Re: Hello/LYNX

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Hello/LYNX
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:20:12 -0400 (EDT)

> > I won't respond to this because it addresses issues other than those I
> > mentioned.
>
> I don't want to put us at odds.  Our goal is the same.
>
> What are the issues you mention?  Is your only concern the core dump
> which occurs when a lynx.mo created by Solaris xgettext=>msgfmt is
> used by a Lynx linked to the GNU libintl (or the reverse, GNU lynx.mo
> used by Solaris libintl Lynx)?

My issue is that I gained the impression that the development of the GNU
libintl is still in progress, that there was some incompatibility both
between the version we're bundling as well as with the Solaris version.

(However, this thread has gotten me to reconsider a portion of that - the
problem that xgettext is independent of the bundled library ;-).

Anyway - I'm not much interested in arguing.  Sure, we can revisit the
issue of libintl and put together a readme to tell how to use the other
versions.  At the moment I'm slogging out little problems in xterm before
working on dev.3 -- I intend working on pieces of the win32 and Vlad's
patch for that.  (Of course the DOS ftp code showed up on our doorstep this
week).  I'd like to get those large development chunks in place (so we can
get some testing done), and then worry about (what to me appears) lesser
problems such as redoing pieces of configuration.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden