Re: lynx-dev input type file (was: GIFs corrupted with mime headers opti

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev input type file (was: GIFs corrupted with mime headers option)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:28:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Rob Partington wrote:

> It's a problem with my code, at the moment, yes.  I've never seen a form
> with more than one file input field, and I've no idea what happens if you
> try and put more than one.  (time passes)  Looks like Netscape is perfectly
> happy with more than one file input field.  Hmm.  Ok, well, supporting more
> than one is a lot easier now I've moved things around.  I should be able
> to add that functionality tonight.
>
> Do we want a limit of, say, 8 at most, or unlimited?

Since you were asking what we want...:

  - no arbitrary hardwired limits
  - configurable limits would be nice (but can be added later)
  - files should appear among the submitted fields in the order
    of the fields as given in the FORM (haven't checked whether that's
    already the case)
  - It should be possible to enter multiple files for one file input
    field (submitted as a multipart within the multipart, as the specs
    say...  that may come later [or never], the current implementation
    should just not preclude addign it later.)
    It should be possible to enter no file and still submit (is that
    the case now?).  At least if other browsers do the same thing.
  - Big files shouldn't have to be in memory at all between
    HText_submitForm and HTTP.c  (again, I haven't chacked how you
    do this now).

   Klaus