lynx-dev lynx and other character sets

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: lynx-dev lynx and other character sets
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 00:25:16 +0430 (IRST)

Hi everybody,
I'm new to the list, so forgive me if I speak weirdly and not in the list
way. The time will correct me.

I have two question:

1. What does lynx do about character-sets other than US-ASCII?  Are they
supported?  I mean things like Cyrillic or Greek.

2. Is there any work on implementing BIDI tags (<BDO> and dir) in HTML4.0?
Do you think this can be done without redesigning the engine?

3. What about Unicode? Is there any program to support it somehow and in
some way?

--Roozbeh Pournader