Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 7 - FTP dir formats, lynx.man

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 7 - FTP dir formats, lynx.man
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 06:21:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Mike Castle wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 10:52:18PM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > * Added support for accessing FTP directory listings in "dls" style sent
> >   by some OS/2 servers.  Only one server was known and used for testing, so
> >   the heuristics used may not be quite general enough.  File date/time is
> >   not shown since it doesn't seem to be part of the basic format.
>
> Out of curiousity, how did you decide that these are OS/2 servers?

Somehow I thought someone had mentioned that...

(after checking:) you quoted

>   remote_fs=dls
>
> 00index.txt      189916
> 0readme            5793
> 1_x/                  = OS/2 1.x-specific files

Somehow that OS/2 stuck in my brain.

IOW the "dls" format has most likely nothing to do with OS/2, that
was purely my invention, sorry.  I'll wait for dev.3 to send a patch
to correct it if Tom doesn't (unless he prefers a replacement patch
now).

   Klaus