Re: lynx-dev Quick Question on multiple URLs

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Quick Question on multiple URLs
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 12:24:33 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, MR SCOTT   FENTON wrote:

> Is there an easy way to submit numerous URLs to lynx at once?  I have a
> routine that executes multiple lynx sessions, one with -auth, -dump, and
> -cookies for each of 400 URLs.  The URLs only vary by three characters, and
> the output is only a couple dozen lines.   But the time required to launch
> lynx, send the URL, process the authorization and cookie options, dump the
> output, and exit on an old Sparc is considerable.  Currently, it takes a
> little over an hour with the Sparc doing nothing but.
>
> I believe there is such a feature, but I confess that to a semi-tech soul this
> area of the User's Guide is virtually hieroglyphics.  Again, thanks very much
> for any insight.
>
> Scott Fenton

 I think the following can help (not tested):
 generate a .html file containing hrefs to the places you wish to dump, and
then invoke lynx with options like '-traversal -crawl' and all options you
need.
 Note: this will produce rendered versions of documents (not their html
source), and that it will recurse in those pages, so beware.

To lynx developers:
 it's impossible to dump source of html pages while doing traversal.
 it's impossible to limit the depth of the traversal.
May be anyone will have time to implement this?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad