Re: file://localhost/usr/doc/packages/lynx/lynx_help/lynx-dev.html

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: file://localhost/usr/doc/packages/lynx/lynx_help/lynx-dev.html
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:39:38 -0400 (EDT)

From: address@hidden

> If you mean Java, there's little chance of someone implementing that, since
> at least as I understand it, Java mostly depends upon a graphical user
> interface.  If someone were willing to write AWT (the "user interface toolbox"
> for Java) that were text-based, this might be doable...  but it's a lot
> of work.

Actually, I've used Java programs which only had command line interaction.
However, it seems of little use to support Java on the WWW since in most
cases, the Java written there is of the GUI variety.

It has been discussed, once or twice in the past, setting things up to
invoke the Java appletviewer if the user so configures.

However, it was all talk and I don't know of anyone who has done that.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>