Re: lynx-dev Java script support.

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Java script support.
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:42:39 -0400

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999, Heather Stern wrote:
> Larry Virden >> I think, if I had enough need for Javascript that I was
>              >> going to add it, I would focus on some kind of neutral model
>              >> initially and worry about how to add such a model to the
>              >> currently object modeless lynx.
>
> David Wooley > That's not what people want; they want to use pages designed
>              > for the big two.
>
> I have to agree in the case of Javascript;  in fact, not only are they more
> interested in terms of the symptom (code for the big two works here) there
> are a limited number of things that are common javascript uses, and if we
> recognized them only, many folk would still be pleased, I think.
>
> I think these features are -
>       * mouseovers
>         - some sites don't bother with ALT, but they do have
>           a good mouseover status line

How about, in lieu of Javascript (not saying never Javascript, but in
the indefinite time until we have it), something to just fake an ALT
tag for a mouseover, if there is no ALT tag?

(If this is what you were saying, then I agree it'd be a good idea.)

Shouldn't be too difficult to do, and just as easy to rip out upon
getting real javascript.

--
My weight is perfect for my height -- which varies.