Re: lynx-dev nonumber-links

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev nonumber-links
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 06:07:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> Dang, I thought I could do minor change to have my feature put in,
> but it doesn't work.
>
> In LYMain.c, I  put
>
>    PARSE_SET(
>       "nonumber_links", UNSET_ARG,    &number_links,
>       "disable numbering of links"
>    ),
>
> in, after nonrestarting_sigwinch, and before nopause..  and it shows up
> in -help, and accepts the option..  But why doesn't it actually turn off
> numbering of links?

The variable you are changing, number_links, doesn't control link
numbering directly, there is more logic involved.  Note that number_links
is a private variable in LYMain.c (so it isn't set by anything in
lynx.cfg or .lynxrc) and is initialized to FALSE anyway, so no wonder
setting it to FALSE with your -nonumber_links doesn't change anything.
(It should cancel a preceding -number_links though.)

It just happens that since 2.8.3dev.1 you can use -crawl for your
purpose, see the CHANGES file.  If you want that available under
the more logical name -nonumber_links, you can try to duplicate
the -crawl behavior (or better just parts of it).

    Klaus