Re: lynx-dev proposal for LYK_SCRIPT and patch

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev proposal for LYK_SCRIPT and patch
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:25:05 -0500

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 10:52:25PM -0700, Eduardo Chappa L. wrote:
>   No, the cached source is not left intact. You have to change exactly
> that document and make it the output of your script. Although I understand

I'm not sure how the source caching works, but, couldn't you just make a
copy of it and save it internally before running it through the script?

I assume one member of a structure some how points to the html code to be
rendered.  What LYK_SCRIPT could do is, check another member... if it
doesn't yet point to anything, then copy the current cached code (making a
backup copy), then pass THAT off to the script, and the output of the
script would go to wherever the normal cache is kept.

But, if it IS pointing to something, we've already done the copy once, so
just send it through the script.

That way you still have the original html source, and you don't have to
worry about always having two copies of it laying around (whether it's kept
as temp files or kept in memory).

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all