Re: lynx-dev multiple bookmark files

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev multiple bookmark files
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 03:49:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> Where is there documentation on the multiple bookmarks functionality?
> I looked in the docs directory in the source but it's not described there.

See Lynx_users_guide.html.

> Basically, I turned on the multi-bookmark file functionality in
> options and looked around.  (Because I don't know how it works, I can't
> tell the difference between standard and advanced.)

Apparently you didn't look in Lynx_users_guide.html.

> Minor minor bug -- if you create an additional entry in the bookmarks
> list, Lynx doesn't create the file that you specify.  Maybe that would be
> a good idea to prevent what happens when you try to choose a letter to
> a file that doesn't exist:

It creates the file when you 'a'dd the first entry.  Just as with the
default bookmark file (without multi).

> It seems to silently show you your original bookmark file, but doesn't
> refresh the screen.  So you see only the first link in your regular bookmarks
> file hilighted, on top of the Select Bookmark File screen.

Never seen this.  May be a problem with your curses setup?

I only tried with the old-style options screen btw.

   Klaus