Re: lynx-dev LYNX: search engine to search SITE-NAMES?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: search engine to search SITE-NAMES?
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, David Combs wrote:
>Any reasonable way to search for site names.
>
>I see in the newspaper a reference to "the smoking gun" web page.
>
>I am not interested in searching the CONTENT of articles, just
>the SITE NAMES.
>
>Like, a regex would be real nice.
>
>Any such engine anywhere?

Umm, I'm not trying to be snotty, but I went to Yahoo (www.yahoo.com), typed
in "the smoking gun", hit submit, and it gave me a whole bunch of returned
links to what I presume is the site you're looking for.

   [15]Government > U.S. Government > Politics > News and Media
     * [16]Smoking Gun, The - providing documents obtained from
       government, law enforcement sources, and court files.

They point to http://www.thesmokinggun.com.