lynx-dev Re: LYNX: search engine to search SITE-NAMES?

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: search engine to search SITE-NAMES?
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 15:39:53 -0700

On or about 03 Jul, 1999, David Combs
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Any reasonable way to search for site names.
>
> I see in the newspaper a reference to "the smoking gun" web page.
>
> I am not interested in searching the CONTENT of articles, just
> the SITE NAMES.
>
> Like, a regex would be real nice.

Look at:

<http://www.altavista.com/av/content/help.htm>

bottom of the page, "Fancy Features for Typical Searches",
title:xxxx.  "title:smoking & title:gun" (using advanced
search) got hundreds of hits, but 4 of the first 10 were
your site.

No regexes, though.

--
Michael Warner <address@hidden>
  "'Just answering some E-mail,' Nat said without looking up.  'I'm in