Re: lynx-dev Transport links between bookmark files... Here's the code

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Transport links between bookmark files... Here's the code
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 02:28:56 -0600

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
| >
| >Then, when in the dir that contains both the above mentioned dirs, do
| >something like:
| >
| > diff -uNr lynx2.8.3dev.3.orig lynx2.8.3dev.3.work >patch
|
| diff: illegal option -- u
| usage: diff [-bitw] [-c | -e | -f | -h | -n] file1 file2
|        diff [-bitw] [-C number] file1 file2
|        diff [-bitw] [-D string] file1 file2
|        diff [-bitw] [-c | -e | -f | -h | -n] [-l] [-r] [-s] [-S name]
directory1
|  directory2
|
| Any ideas how to do what I want with this diff?
|
| I have the two directories you mentioned set up, just don't know how to
| do the fixed diff..

OK ... your "diff" doesn't do "unified", but (I'm guessing) it does
"context".  (Hard for me to be absolutely sure, without knowing what
system/diff prog you're using, or seeing the man page.)

But ...

Try "diff -cr dir.orig dir.work", but check your diff man page, and make
sure the -c means "context diff" and that -r means to diff recursively
down thru the dir structures.

The -N in my example is to treat a file that exists in the work dir but
not in the original dir (at all) as if in exists in the original dir, but
is empty (I don't think you need that option for the diff you posted, do
you?).

/kim