Re: lynx-dev question about justifying CJK texts

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev question about justifying CJK texts
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:13:08 +0900 (JST)

> I plan to implement justification in lynx. I have one question - will it be

Again, why in the world?

> useful for CJK scripts (are there any notion of "words" in these
> scripts, will justifying them make them more beatiful)?

There is of course a notion of words, but speaking about CJ (I know
nothing about K.), spaces are not put between words. I tried to do a
hack regarding this so that Lynx wouldn't force a space wherever there
was new line in the source, but failed. I think Hiroyuki Senshu's
modifications have solved this problem. So "justification" has no
meaning in Japanese, and I assume Chinese, too.

__Henry