Re: lynx-dev Radio buttons - cosmetic bug?

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Radio buttons - cosmetic bug?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:42:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Using Lynx 2.8.1dev.4 on WinNT4, I have a minor oddity in the
> rendering - there is a line break after the first button in a group.
> Not all the groups of buttons on the page show the effect. I see no
> reason for it in the HTML. The page validates as HTML4.0 and appears
> OK in other browsers.
>
> The problem page is <http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/compform.htm>.
>
> Note - the page contains lots of seemingly redundant <DIV>s and
> <SPAN>s. These are workarounds for bugs in Netscape's handling of CSS
> in forms. I haven't checked whether they have anything to do with the
> problem, but I do need them there for the benefit of Netscape users.
>
> --
> Peter Thomson

This is what I see with 2.8.2dev.3 (I don't see what you are talking about)

   [Wolverhampton Council - home page]

   [About the Town] [News and Events] [Leisure] [Business and Jobs] [Learning]
   [Libraries and Information] [Housing] [Transport] [Health and Care]
   [Council Information] [Search]

Complaints and Compliments Form

   For us to contact you:

   Your name
   ___________________________________

   Address

   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________

   Postcode __________

   Telephone number
   ___________________________________

   E-mail address (if any)
   ___________________________________

   Have you made a complaint about this problem before?

   Yes (_) No (_)

   If yes, please state when and where you complained:

   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________

   Your comments on our service

   Your complaints:

   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________

   What would you like to see as a result of your complaint?

   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________

   Your compliments and comments:

   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________
   ___________________________________

   The Department about which you are making your comments:
   [Don't Know........................................]

   Monitoring Information - About You

   You do not have to complete this section. However, it would be useful for
   us if you did.

   We need to make sure that all sections of the community have equal access
   to all our services. You can help us to find out whether this is happening
   by providing the information requested below. Please select the options
   which best describe you.

   Ethnic Group
   Asian:- Indian  (_)
   Pakistani  (_) Bangladeshi  (_) Chinese  (_) Other Asian  (_)
   Black:- Caribbean  (_) African  (_) Other Black  (_)
   Other Ethnic Group  (_) White  (_) not specified  (_)

   Gender: Female  (_)
   Male  (_) not specified  (_)

   Disability: Do you have a disability? Yes  (_)
   No  (_) not specified  (_)

   Age: Under 16  (_)
   16-24  (_) 25-44  (_) 45-pensionable age  (_) pensionable age-74  (_) 75+
   (_) not specified  (_)

   To ensure that we are providing a quality complaints service ...

   can we contact you to find out how you felt your complaint was handled?
   Yes  (_) No  (_)

             Send Comments to Council    Clear form and start again

   This page is http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/compform.htm
   Last changed on: 6 July 1999. Copyright © Wolverhampton MBC 1999.
   Please read our disclaimer.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden