lynx-dev user agent when running lynx via crontab entry?

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev user agent when running lynx via crontab entry?
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:14:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dang, I seem to remember some discussion about user agent setting recently, but
I mostly ignore threads I'm not interested in at the moment.  (I actually
really wish this discussion list were a newsgroup with threads that I could
read with trn and use DejaNews to check out expired stuff - yeah I know about
the web archives of this mailing list.)

Anyhow, here is what my crontab entry executes:

/usr/local/bin/lynx -useragent='Mozilla/4.04 [en]' -nolist -dump
http://www.imdb.com/StudioBrief | mail address@hidden

So, I was getting a "we're not letting you connect" message for the past
week or so.. and after actually reading the message, it is being sent back
because the useragent is empty.

So I thought adding the -useragent and parameter to the above would work..
and it does work when I do it manually at the UNIX command line..  But in
my crontab entry which just ran, I still got back the "we're not letting
you connect" message..

What's the deal?

BTW, I'll redo the 'transport link' (though I'll probably call it
LYK_MOVE_LINK since it won't be connected to 't' by default -- sniff sniff)
this weekend and send in a new patch.