Re: lynx-dev (forw) Lynx on VGA notebook

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (forw) Lynx on VGA notebook
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 19:40:55 -0700 (PDT)

Doug Kaufman wrote:
> This sounds as if the colors chosen for highlighting links are
> interpreted by the monochrome screen the same as the normal links.
> There are three things to try.
  > The first would be to go to the option screen and try both the
    color=on and color=off settings. Color=off is likely to work.
  > The second would be to change the default colors in lynx.cfg.
    These settings are toward the end of lynx.cfg. Normal links are
    color #1; The selected link is color #6. Try different combinations.
> I suspect that setting color 6 to white:black will work.
> The line should be as follows:
> COLOR:6:white:black

Try blue as a background - on monochrome PCs that I recall working
with in my younger days, this mapped to underline, which enjoyably
enough would be exactly what most people expect of hotlinks.

> The third thing to try is to set lynx to show the cursor at the
> selected link. To do this set SHOW_CURSOR to TRUE in lynx.cfg, invoke
> lynx as "lynx -show_cursor", or change the setting in the options
> menu, then save your options to the lynx.rc file.
>                                  Doug

Yeah, that'd work too :)

Good luck
* Heather