Re: lynx-dev question about justifying CJK texts

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev question about justifying CJK texts
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:54:50 +0900 (JST)

> I can't believe that words are not aligned at the right margin

A misunderstanding?  (Of course) _characters_ are aligned at the right
margin.  For example you have a word "F|K\@/I\" (Japanese Government).
It will be legible when broken at *any* of the _characters_ and carried to
the next line.  So both of the following would be okay.  (Margins at "v".)
   v                           v     |     v                           v
    @/I\                             |      Government

                         F|K\@/      |                    JapaneseGover
    I\                               |      nment

>  And what about EXP_JAPANESE_SPACES in HTML.c? Is that stuff working?

That was put in in response to Leonid's objections.  You'll have to use
it outside of autoconf.  Again, I believe Hiroyuki Senshu's diffs will
make that obsolete (although I have not bothered to check to be sure).

__Henry