lynx-dev Re: Lynx GNU style (was: Hello/LYNX)

From: François Pinard
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx GNU style (was: Hello/LYNX)
Date: 10 Jul 1999 10:57:27 -0400

Webmaster Jim <address@hidden> écrit:

> > I'm the unofficial maintainer, but perhaps address@hidden should
> > be the target address.

OK, done.  If you later find bothering to see robot notifications so
broadcasted, just tell me, and we will manage something else.

> Yes, lynx-po at browser.org now exists, forwarded to me.

Oops! :-)  Undone and redone.  We now have:

  <domain>lynx<mailto>address@hidden

hoping that this is OK.

> > Let me think on [version numbering].  [...]
> We're working on [gettext 0.10.35]...

OK.  Be comfortable writing to me if anything is bothering or unclear.
The only problem with me is that I sometimes reply slowly, as I really
get a lot of email, over the pressure of many other works and duties.
We are all more or less in that situation, aren't we? :-)

> > I'm wondering why you didn't use the Lynx-2.8.2 release [...]

I do not precisely remember, but I guess I wanted to catchup on the
lag in our correspondence, and did not think this initiative of mine
would be unfortunate.  I tried my best at getting the thing in movement.
It was surely not the fact of bad will.  Of course, for the incoming times,
you decide which versions you want submitted to translators.  Just tell me.

Oh, before leaving, some little news related to the fact `lynx' does not
require disclaimers -- which is a welcome first for me.  Not at all that
I'm against disclaimers, but just because I want the Translation Project
to become more opened to all sorts of free software, and it had to start
somewhere!

The Swedish coordinator assigned a translator to `lynx', which should
theoretically be able to use the TP robot, even before the receipt of his
disclaimer.  Also, and this is also a first (a bit more sad), the Japanese
translator of `lynx' asked that his disclaimer, already received and
acknowledged, be rescinded.  I guess he does not want to work on anything
but `lynx'.  So I revoked it on my side for the Translation Project, and
I wish the FSF will agree to do it on its side as well, as they hold the
official copy.