Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior with Ctl-z

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior with Ctl-z
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:15:44 -0600

On Sat, Jul 10, 1999, Philip Webb (address@hidden) said:

| there may be a bug involving Lynx, but why do you use  ^z  here?
| if you're running Screen, you should never need to suspend a program,
| merely enter  ^a c  to create another window in which to do whatever,
| then  ^a k  to remove it again.

Well ... I use screen nearly all the time, and I also use ^Z a LOT.

Reason is that there is often some information on the screen that
I'm viewing, that I want to do something with in another program,
and when I ^Z out of lynx (or whatever), that data is still visible
on the screen (so long as I prevent the thrice damnable "screen clearing"
that some terms/curses combinations are wont to do).

Much more convenient than going to another screen and trying to remember
the data, or flipping back-and-forth between screens several times, or
using screen(1)'s "cut'n'paste" feature, etc.

Too bad screen(1) hasn't implemented a split-screen capability ...

/kim