lynx-dev screen/window

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev screen/window
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 18:17:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>From: Kim DeVaughn <address@hidden>
>
>> Too bad screen(1) hasn't implemented a split-screen capability ...
>

>Actually, this was discussed back when screen was being actively developed.
>In fact, it was on the todo list.  however, updates for screen have
>been so slow in coming the past 3 years that I doubt we ever see it.

There's a program called 'window' that does largely what screen does but
has split screen capability.  I only found out about it when I wrote up
a bug report suggesting 'screen' be added to Mac OS X Server (for the
CLI tools of course).  They mentioned window and I looked at the man page,
and it's vaguely similar.. not as good as screen in my opinion, but at least
it does do split screen.. actually, I think that's all it does.  I don't
know if it does virtual screens like screen at all.. I think they're
all always visible.

Anyway, I presume it's not an ex-NeXT thing only.