Re: lynx-dev screen/window

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen/window
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 02:18:28 -0600

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| There's a program called 'window' that does largely what screen does but
| has split screen capability.

| Anyway, I presume it's not an ex-NeXT thing only.

It's not.  In fact it's part of the FreeBSD distribution (and probably
available for other flavors of UNIX, as well).

FWIW, I've tried it a few times, but it's a PITA (compared to screen(1))
to get a proper termcap/terminfo setup and working properly.  Also, it is
much less "transparent" than is screen(1), and lacks alot of screen(1)'s
"refinements" (such as keyboard "tweaks").

But thanks for the reminder about it ... I may try fiddling around with
the latest version to see if it's improved in the past ~2-3 years since
I last tried it ...

/kim