Re: lynx-dev www.clicktv.com - can't search / weird bug

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev www.clicktv.com - can't search / weird bug
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:04:17 -0500

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 06:40:19PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> Lynx Version 2.8.2rel.1 (01 Jun 1999)
> Built on solaris2.6 Jul 10 1999 04:03:41
>
> 1) Go to www.clicktv.com
> 2) log in
> 3) Try to search
>
> With either the basic search or the advanced search, submitting the
> search always gets me back to the same search page.

See http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0699/msg00643.html and
associated thread.  Short answer: clicktv doesn't like lack of Referer:

Try emailing them; maybe if someone else complains about their broken site,
they'll fix it.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all