lynx-dev suggested addition to lynx.cfg

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev suggested addition to lynx.cfg
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:51:25 -0500 (CDT)

I suggest the following be added at the end of lynx.cfg:

# If an installation or distribution uses a (properly modified) copy
# of this file as a system-wide default, but wants to allow all users
# to override or extend settings given here (without restriction) in an
# optional user-specific configuration file, the following convention
# is recommended for Unix-like systems: enable the following INCLUDE.
# Do NOT name the user-specific file .lynxrc, since that name is already
# used for personal preferences saved from the 'o'ptions menu.
# Note that some settings will act in a cumulative manner if present both
# here and in an included file, e.g. PRINTER,DOWNLOADER,UPLOADER,RULE.
#
#INCLUDE:~/.lynx.cfg

The point of recommending a specific name is to prevent different
linux distributions (or similar packagers) from inventing different,
incompatible conventions; I don't really care what the suggested
name is.

Comments?

    Klaus