Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.4

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.4
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

T.E.Dickey wrote:
> 1999-07-14 (2.8.3dev.4)
  [most of changelog snipped]
> * added support for forcing-empty-HREFless-As - ie A element that doesn't
>   contain HREF will be closed after it was seen (without waiting for </a>) -
>   this fixes rendering of documentation, produced by broken translators that
>   don't emit balanced 'A's (eg RedHat docs produced by 'dlh', Sybase docs) -
>   commandline option is --force-empty-hrefless-a, and force_empty_hrefless_a
>   in lynx.cfg, ifdef'd with NO_EMPTY_HREFLESS_A -VH

Will this still correctly handle my favorite way of stubbing off hotlinks
which have been brought to question:
        <A HREF="http://www.example.com/";>Example Widget Supply House</a>
becomes
        <A stub="http://www.example.com/";>Example Widget Supply House</a>

...making it easy for me to reinstate the hotlink quickly when the issue
is resolved.

* Heather