Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: how to GENERATE a url?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: how to GENERATE a url?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:34:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Michael Warner wrote:

> Note 2.  How much of a URL is needed in an anchor for EXTERN
> to recognize it?  Would just href="todayscs" work, or is a
> dummy host required, or something in between?  It works as
> above, but I didn't try for a minimal format.

That relative URL would get resolved to
"file://localhost/wherever-my-bookmark-is/todayscs", obviously
not what you want.

> Note 3.  Probably more elegantly done with LYNXCGI or
> somesuch, but I've never gotten around to investigating that
> stuff (yet).

Ahh, but you should.  Since you seem to enjoy work in the "tips
and tricks without changing the source" department, it's just the
right match for you. :)

(Not that I know whether it makes more sense in *this* case)

  Klaus