Re: lynx-dev CGI POST parameters bugs

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev CGI POST parameters bugs
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:58:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, CyberPsychotic wrote:

> ~
> ~ Please configure with --enable-internal-links and recompile lynx.
> ~ Let us know whether lynx then behaves as you expect (and as it should,
> ~ in my opinion).
> ~
>
> nope. didn't seem to have it fixed to me. You may give a try to use
> following script, to test it:

Ok, I did - see below.  When you try to reproduce this make sure to
have SOURCE_CACHE:NONE in lynx.cfg - just a precaution, I don't know
wheter it makes any difference.

> (see that stdin still would show you previous parameters after you submitted
> form once, and then just followed this link).

Relevant parts of test run:
    ==================================
lynx2-8-2$ src/lynx http://localhost/cgi-bin/test
 [ ... ]
Page comes up with:

    ====== BEGIN SCREEN EXCERPT ======
Stdin
 try to submit this form:

bar_________________

submit
    ======= END SCREEN EXCERPT =======

I change it to:

    ====== BEGIN SCREEN EXCERPT ======
Stdin
 try to submit this form:

bar one_____________

submit
    ======= END SCREEN EXCERPT =======

then activate "submit", now I get:

    ====== BEGIN SCREEN EXCERPT ======
Stdin
foo=bar+one&baz=foo&submit=submit
 try to submit this form:

bar_________________

submit
    ======= END SCREEN EXCERPT =======

Just for fun, I edit the input field again:

    ====== BEGIN SCREEN EXCERPT ======
Stdin
foo=bar+one&baz=foo&submit=submit
 try to submit this form:

bar two_____________

submit
    ======= END SCREEN EXCERPT =======

then follow the link at the very end, and get:

    ====== BEGIN SCREEN EXCERPT ======
Stdin
 try to submit this form:

bar one_____________

submit
    ======= END SCREEN EXCERPT =======
    ==================================
End test run.

(Note the 'bar one' on the last screen - I'm back to the original
GET page, but lynx is using a cached version so my edit of the field
is preserved.  (Using the cached page could be prevented by e.g. adding
a 'Cache-Control: no-cache' in the script.))

If this is not what you see - and it doesn't seem to - make sure
you really recompiled everything: do a make clean, also sure
lynx_cfg.h has DONT_TRACK_INTERNAL_LINKS commented out, as in
/* #undef DONT_TRACK_INTERNAL_LINKS */ /* CF_ARG_DISABLE(internal-links) */

    Klaus