Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.4

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.4
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:35:27 -0400 (EDT)

> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > 1999-07-14 (2.8.3dev.4)
> >[...]
> > * change ifndef's for NO_JUSTIFY to ifdef EXP_JUSTIFY_ELTS since something
> > in
> >   VH's recent code causes core dumps, by crosslinking the state of two
> > parts of
> >   the parser -TD
>
>  When does core dumps happen? (How often, on which configuration, any files
> on

On about 1/3 of the files.  It's especially noticeable on the win32 and
OS/2 ports (leading me at first to suspect my integration of HS's changes)
but once I pinpointed it there, it took about 5 minutes to make a test case
on Linux with ElectricFence.  (It dies in split_line near the end - your
anchor pointer's no longer valid during some usages).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden