lynx-dev SSL - a lib version question

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev SSL - a lib version question
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:26:53 -0600

I have reason to try getting an SSL'ified lynx up and running.

Before I run into any hassle with the lib versions, I'd like
a recommendation on which to use.  There are quite a number
of versions in the SSLeay distribution dir, and a couple in
the OpenSSL dir.

I *think* the most recent versions are:

 SSLeay-0.9.0b  and  openssl-0.9.1c

though I may have missed something that's newer, and/or more
stable.  I presume that I "should" use one of those two versions,
but which one?

The lynx ssl patch only says something like "any SSLeay or OpenSSL
should work, with later versions prefered".

What is the difference between the two distributions, and which do
(most) lynx folks use?

Should I just flip a coin ...?

Note that I do NOT want to get involved in SSL.lib development or
debug ... :-) ...

Thanks!

/kim