Re: lynx-dev change to status line

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev change to status line
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

*** Klaus Weide (address@hidden) wrote Today:
:)
:) Could you describe how you deal with
:)
:) "-more-
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/07/14/1846204&mode=thread&threshold=-1";
:)
:) or
:)
http://www.news.com/cgi-bin/acc_clickthru?clickid=000018141e3acc4100000000&adt=pfsa
:) s-button&edt=39098&cat=thenet-pf&site=NE
:)
:) (one URL with long query part)?

Yes, I went to http://cnn.com, pressed 'l' and looked at visible link #4.
This has a very long query part (it takes more than 2 lines). This is
exactly what I see in my status line:

-more- http://cnn.com/event.ng/Type=...ct=http:%2F%2Fcnnfn.com%2Fdigitaljam%2F

It shows you that it is a link to cnn.com and also that it is query. You
can also discover this without the need to do this, but it is obviously
not the general case (although, maybe a common case).

link #208 looks like:

-more- http://cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/experience/culture/.../big.jim.mclain/

(which tells me that it's a link to a html file in directory
big.jim.mclain - correct me if I'm wrong in general please)

I also noticed that link #166 displayed like

-more- javascript:jumpLink('/interactive/specials/9907/hemingway.familyt.../')

which is not what I want to show, but it's fixable, though (this is
because of the "')" part at the end of the link.

If you can not find the links, I attach here part of the html file
generated by lynx with the complete links (I did not put them as part of
my e-mail because pine does not like long text/URLs)

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html