Re: lynx-dev README.TSST

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev README.TSST
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 05:44:23 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Heather Stern wrote:

> Vlad writ merrily:
>
> :( I like colors...

 It's not hard to add it. I hope Klaus will do this :)

>[...]
> OK that was a bit convoluted, lets see if I got it: when you see a TABLE emit
> a blank line.  It may or may not be a waste.  Do normal stuff.  When you see
> /TABLE emit a blank line.  Decide if it qualifies for TSST, if yes, patch the
> text lines, and draw ................. big HR rules on the two blank lines.
> Later option to draw the borders down each edge too.
>
> I don't see the harm in two extra blank lines for a table that couldn't be
> TSST'd.  Screen estate is tight, but it might help me figure out this had been
> a table anyway.  The only oddity I see is if the webmaster also put P's or
> BR's of his own to space off the table;  then these line breaks should be
> merged, or it will waste screen after all.

 You got it. I also asked to emit a blank line after table header (in order to
subsitute it with a HR or something like that too) - seems it won't hurt too
much too, but will allow to plug-in hacks that will draw entire table borders
with header separated by horizontal line.

> * Heather

 Best regards,
  -Vlad