Re: lynx-dev problems with lynx and hotmail.com

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problems with lynx and hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:16:58 -0400 (EDT)

From: Koen Breugelmans <address@hidden>
> Alert!: This client does not contain support for HTTPS URLs.
> I wonder if lynx has support for this HTTPS URLs.
> when i look in the configuration file, for configuring my proxy, there is a
> line to specify a HTTPS proxy.

> Is this just a future option or am i using the wrong version of lynx?

HTTPS support is not shipped with lynx due to various international laws
impacting the topic of encryption software and software patents.  However,

Would it be worthwhile for us to add a paragraph regarding https (and perhaps
javascript/java, frames/tables, and binary distributions) to the README
since there are so frequently questions about these topics?

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-