Re: lynx-dev IPv6?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev IPv6?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:13:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Xavier wrote:
> I'm new to this list, so sorry if this is an already discussed topic...

Not really - probably none of the people usually active on the list
have system with IPv6 or a way of testign it.

> I've a Solaris 7 box connected to the 6bone and I would like to patch
> Lynx to be IPv6 ready. I downloaded the existing patch (for lynx 2.8.1)
> (ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/kame/misc/lynx-281-v6-19990520.diff.gz)
>
> I applied the patch, fixed the compilation warning but I can't get a working
> binary. Lynx does not connect to any server (IPv4 or IPv6)

You cound run lynx with -trace and look whether Lynx.trace tells you
anything.  Probably not much - if it can't connect, it can't connect...
(You could at least find out whether it's a DNS problem.)

Maybe it's just a question of finding the right system-specific
incantation (runtime libraries, environment variables?), just guessing
here.  The author of the patch may be able to tell you more.

> So, does somebody has already a binary distributions available somewhere?
> (Spars/Solaris 7)

If you find out how to do it, please let this list know.

  Klaus