Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:10:38 -0600

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:

| Adding this patch, without any fallback for those who can't get their
| TERM description right, suddenly increases the requirements for using
| lynx-with-slang.  We are not talking about adding more encouragement
| for Bad Things, but about taking away something that "worked" (for
| many people at least).

I dunno if it's really a question of "getting the TERM description
'right'" or not.

Between twiddling with various termcap/terminfo entries, stty, .screenrc
"tweaks", tcsh "settc's", and probably a few other things, I've been
using the same setup for a couple years on FreeBSD without any problems
with any apps, and in a variety of circumstances (telnet, dialup, etc).

Now (with this change), lynx no longer works.

Please tell me what to change in any/all the above terminal-related
entities so lynx will work again (without breaking any other app).

Or provide a "backout patch" to undo the recent damage ... :-) ...!

/kim  (who wasn't going to build dev.4, until seeing this thread ... sigh)