Re: lynx-dev 'reloading' lynx.cfg (was: options (more, please))

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'reloading' lynx.cfg (was: options (more, please))
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:55:04 +0900 (JST)

> Many problems may be eliminated by changing CONF_STRING to CONF_FUN
> so the actions will take place just in case (from the other hand
> we lost performance when having repeated entries). Probably something
> equivalent to atexit() may be useful here, called after processing read_cfg().
>
> Also I think we need to reload only *changed* values, not the entire set
> (like I made for warnings when reloading forms based on the real changes
> of the content) - this will prevent problems with the possible lost of
> command line options (ones not affected with the changed lynx.cfg entries).
> This will require to set a struct for all user-defined config options

Can a clearly defined subset of the lynx.cfg settings be constructed
containing those settings for which reloading is desirable and practical?
This is addressed not so much just to Leonid as to all who are using the
feature, especially those like Michael Warner who are finding it very
useful.  IOW, which settings do you find yourself wanting to change
and reload at run time?  Is the subset so large that it cannot be moved,
or duplicated in the Option Menu (.lynxrc)?

__Henry