Re: lynx-dev 'reloading' lynx.cfg (was: options (more, please))

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'reloading' lynx.cfg (was: options (more, please))
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:30:08 +0400 (MSD)

17-Jul-99 11:55 Henry Nelson wrote:

> Can a clearly defined subset of the lynx.cfg settings be constructed
> containing those settings for which reloading is desirable and practical?
Good question.

> This is addressed not so much just to Leonid as to all who are using the
> feature, especially those like Michael Warner who are finding it very
> useful.  IOW, which settings do you find yourself wanting to change
> and reload at run time?  Is the subset so large that it cannot be moved,
> or duplicated in the Option Menu (.lynxrc)?
IMHO, different people have different needs so overall subset may be too large
to include into the options menu. The feature addressed to those who never
use bookmark for every link but do prefere History or Visited Links page.

Say, I found www.slcc.edu sometimes broken for my Squid proxy
(or sometimes my host-wide proxy down in a strange way)
but apparently "no_proxy" fix the problem (I got a page properly,
not cached, of cause), so I correct no_proxy list in lynx.cfg
and reload the changes. Another example is the testing of new added features
for devXX snapshots.

This also useful when something not work due to a typo in lynx.cfg
(say, incorrect path for included file, etc.) so the fixing is interactive.