Re: lynx-dev javascript jump (was: change to status line)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev javascript jump (was: change to status line)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:10:55 +0100 (BST)

> > -more-
> > javascript:jumpLink('/interactive/specials/9907/hemingway.familyt.../')
>
> !! That's a pretty simple construct, can't we treat
>    javascript:jumplink('URL-here')
> as
>    URL-here
> for the purposes of hotlinks?

jumplink is a user defined function, and could be called almost anything
the programmer liked.  Most often these things take a URL relative to
a base which is included in function definition.

If this function didn't have side effects, it could be written as
javascript:location.href='.......',  or more simply as ...... :-).

(It may be stereotyped code from a particular authoring tool, so might
be predictable for all pages produced by that version of that tool.)