lynx-dev lynx and monster.com

From: Rick Lewis
Subject: lynx-dev lynx and monster.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:32:10 -0700 (MST)

Hi, All,
A friend brought this to my attention.
As you probably know, monster.com is a job search site.
Now it appears that everything on the monster.com is readable till
you get to each job listing itself.
The source is shown as:
)justified):

<!-- X-URL:
http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?ss=0&JobID=4123508.htm&co= -->
<!-- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:32:48 GMT --> <BASE
HREF="http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?ss=0&JobID=4123508.htm&co=";>
<!-- jobsearch1.monster.com --> <!-- jobsearch1.monster.com --> <script
language="JavaScript">window.opener.location =
'http://jobsearch.monster.com/'; self.close(); </script>

A lady at monster.com originally said nothing was changed, but then
wrote:
I have spoken with one of our technology people and here is the answer
that I was given regarding the Lynx browser and viewing our jobs.

The job search results page was changed to prevent other sites from
displaying our jobs. We now check HTTP_REFERER and if the browser does not
send it, then the job won't be displayed. You can go to the url
http://my.monster.com/vars.asp to see if the browser sends HTTP_REFERER.
If not try updating the browser to the newer release.

Hope this helps!
Please include the Reference # from the subject in any future
correspondence regarding this subject
http://monster.comThanks for your response but perhaps you should refferre
this to a tech<
>suport person or a supervisor.<

(I have not included her address since she didn't answer my email
asking for permission to repost.)
At any rate, is there any way the lynx user can access the job information
on this site?
I suggested as an alternative that a copyright statement be included on
each individual job page, but maybe that was too easy?
--Rick Lewis