lynx-dev Problems with lss - color style support

From: Andreas Gösele
Subject: lynx-dev Problems with lss - color style support
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:53:55 +0200

I recently did an upgrade of my linux box and with it came a new version
of Linux (Lynx 2.8.2pre.5
- development version). This was compiled with the new "experimental
color style support". This
results for many pages in a rather ugly but *very* colored look and
impares readability. So
I would like to change that. Sure enough I found the lynx.lss file and
how to change the color of let's
say text, headings, bold and other objects. What I didn't find was how
to change the general
background (which is now black) to something else. (I would like to work
with a gray or white
background and dark text, or alternatively with yellow on a blue
background as standard.)

My questions:

1) Is there a way to configure lynx (compiled with lss support) so that
the general background
gets a different color than black? (If not, I think this should be
possible in future releases)

2) If this is not possible, is there a way to get the old way of color
configuration in lynx.cfg back
without installing a version without lss support?

Many thanks

Andreas Gösele