Re: lynx-dev Now I got the error from idmb trying to get StudioBrief fro

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Now I got the error from idmb trying to get StudioBrief from cron job.. here's the message
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:48:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> Here's my crontab entry that's been working fine
> 0 16 * * 1-5 /usr/local/bin/lynx -useragent='Mozilla/4.04 [en]' -nolist -dump
> http://www.imdb.com/StudioBrief | mail address@hidden
>

> See, at the bottom it says the useragent is blank even though I set it above..

So what.  Information in web pages has been know to be false sometimes.
So talk it over with them!  There are links in the text, and an address
for 'reporting problems'.

But maybe you don't want to talk to someone at IMDB about it, since
you are now aware that your use of the Web site is probably something
they like to block or discourage.  After all you're still trying to
fake a User-Agent after you know that it is being used by the site to
detect specific clients in order to block them, AND after you should
have realized that it does you now good anyway.  Should people on
lynx-dev really try to help you??

   Klaus