Re: lynx-dev problems with persistant screen garbage

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problems with persistant screen garbage
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 05:46:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Paul wrote:

> Dear Whomever;
>
>       Running lynx 2.8.2 w/ ssleay patch. Linux 2.2.10 glibc.
>
> #ldd `which lynx`
>         libncurses.so.4 => /usr/lib/libncurses.so.4 (0x40003000)
>         libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x40044000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x2aaaa000)
>
>       Go to 'http://www.fatbrain.com' and enter something in the search
> box, hit go, and immeadiately I see that the status line isnt being
> cleaned up. The page loads, go back or elsewhere, and for me, the
> stuff from the search result page persists as garbage. ^w or ^l refresh
> but the garbage persists.

What exactly does the 'garbage' look like?

Do you have cookies enabled?  disabled? automatically accepted?
(The first thing *I* see when I access that site is a cookie prompt.)

Does this happen with other sites?  other pages on the same site?

How are you using lynx - console, xterm, remote login/dialin?

What is $TERM set to?

How is the 'display character set' set? ('O'ptions screen / lynx.cfg)

What's the screen/window size?  If you can change it, does changing
it change the 'garbage' effect?  Are LINES on COLUMNS environment
variables set; and if so, are they set correctly?

What is the ncurses version?

   Klaus