Re: lynx-dev Now I got the error from idmb trying to...

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Now I got the error from idmb trying to...
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Heather Stern wrote:
>I'm not sure if it's violating the spirit of their terms to have the page
>prefetched at 2 am and then read it at 5 am, but it probably is.  Hey, I
>didn't say I agreed with it... if you'll recall correctly, I recommended
>that you try talking to them, and if they aren't helpful, they don't want
>your money (which is one level indirected, by way of being audience for
>the ads).

Well, I did get a response very quickly after I emailed them, though
it wasn't very reasonable, IMHO.  The response was about me faking the user
agent (which as I said earlier I had put in to try to track down this
very problem).. After I got that response, I quickly made two more crontab
entries, one with and one without the -useragent, and both worked successfully
(as in, I got the page I expected to get), and I just got my regular 4pm
page.

So I guess I'll stop bugging this list about this, I'm guessing that it's
a sporadic problem that's unlikely to be figured out by either side.