Re: e: lynx-dev [BUGS 2.8.3.dev4] partial, off-by-one

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: e: lynx-dev [BUGS 2.8.3.dev4] partial, off-by-one
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 01:10:55 -0400 (EDT)

>> > ://localhost/F:\emx.add\lib\lynx_help\lynx_url_support.html.gz#http<
>> > me><cm2,9><mr>http, https<me><cm32,79>
>>                               ^
>> That is recognizably the move() from the quote above (or an equivalent
>> one).  So is your screen size really 80 x 33?  And do all three involved
>> parties agree on that? - i.e. Lynx, ncurses, and the window itself?

Absolutely.  As I said, the problem appear only after some actions.
Now I found yet shorter way:

    = ^L

>> ... looks just too weird.  Instead of the 'll' (lower left) before the
>> "-more-" there is now all sorts of garbage which may or may not position
>> the cursor in the lower left position.
>>   But it looks to me like this is a problem with ncurses on OS/2, not
>> with Lynx itself.

This is the TERM=debug output.  How would it have anything to do with OS?!

Btw, Thomas, why no TERM=debug in ncurses/misc/emx.src?  I was running
the above in the termcap-compatibility mode.

>for that, I'd have to know more (what his $TERM is set to, what the terminfo
>corresponds - I've tested a few of the ones that work on OS/2, the only
>problems I can recall with the ones I don't have in ncurses is that the
>color combinations conflict with other attributes).  (Perhaps a problem
>switching between binary and text mode).

I said it already: I use a customized TERM, but TERM=ansi gives the
same behaviour.  2.8.3.dev4 + patches I sent in (but I saw it with
2.8.2.dev3+patches too).  Configured with

configure.cmd --with-screen=ncurses  --enable-addrlist-page
--enable-color-style --enable-default-colors  --enable-file-upload
--enable-kbd-layout --enable-prettysrc --enable-source-cache
--enable-cgi-links  --enable-change-exec --enable-exec-links
--enable-exec-scripts --enable-gzip-help --enable-externs

Ilya