Re: lynx-dev 'reloading' lynx.cfg (was: options (more, please))

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'reloading' lynx.cfg (was: options (more, please))
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 05:31:59 +0400 (MSD)

There is a features.html page for every release at sol.slcc.edu
It is a hand-edited text, discussed on lynx-dev when the release come.

Another option is trying to diff lynx.cfg and INSTALLATION
between your version and current [nearly all new features are configurable].

In fact, one may add a "history" link from lynxcfg_toc.html
to list new options added between releases starting 2.6 (IMHO),
it is not a big job.

> ----

> The "changes" we all see posted to this list are 99.9% re
> BUG FIXES.  Perhaps the special string "xxFEATURE:" or
> "^NEWFEATURE" (uppercase, plus maybe "--------" following it
> to the right, blank line before and after, making it easier to
> see), would help for that .1% that affects (effects?) our USAGE
> of lynx.

may be, but see above.