lynx-dev Re: Win32 Version Lynx

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Win32 Version Lynx
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:01:09 -0700

On or about 22 Jul, 1999, Steve Lowe
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Several of us are trying the Win32 Lynx Version -- working very nicely
> from our Win95 PC system.  Our problem is trying to update the lynx.cfg
> file to point to the help_files installed on our UNIX platform in the
> following directory:
>
>       /usr/local/lib
>
> Can anyone suggest an appropriate setting for the HELPFILE entry?

There are others far more qualified than I to give a definitive
answer, but I'd bet there's not a practical way to do that.  Is
there some reason you can't just ftp yourself a copy to the PC's
hard drive?  If so (short of disk space, not authorized, ???),
have you got access to some web space on the system, where you
could stash the files and use an http:// - style entry?

How'd it happen that the installation didn't include a local copy
of the help, &/or why use the /usr/local/lib copy?

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>