lynx-dev Deny access for non standard browsers (FWD)

From: David Woolley
Subject: lynx-dev Deny access for non standard browsers (FWD)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:53:30 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From:Benarson Behajaina [SMTP:address@hidden
Sent:Friday, July 23, 1999 1:26 PM
To:address@hidden
Subject:Deny access for non standard browsers

        Hi squid users,

I reconfigured my Squid to deny access for non standard
browers (GetRight, Wget, Lynx, GetSmart etc ...)
Is it possible to reconfigure Squid, so that ONLY requests from
Netscape and MSIE will be allowed ?

my squid.conf:
==============
acl Standard_Browser browser Mozilla
http_access deny !Standard_Browser

This ACL couldn't help me, 'cause users still use Wget or
GetRight. Of course, they pretend their client to be Netscape or MSIE.
I mean they reconfigured their client, so that the client's header
sent to Squid contains "User-Agent: Mozilla"

So my question is: how do I configure my squid to deny access
for various download managers (GetRight, Wget, Go!Zilla, etc ...)
but squid will allow access for both Netscape and MSIE.

Thanks in advance.

Benarson Behajaina.
--
+   Benarson Rodriguez Behajaina  +