lynx-dev 2.8.2rel.1 crash

From: Andrew Pimlott
Subject: lynx-dev 2.8.2rel.1 crash
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

I am using the unstable branch of Debian GNU/Linux.  The following
repeatedly crashes lynx.

% lynx http://www.itso.iu.edu/alerts/

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.2rel.1

Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

% uname -a
Linux nolfolan 2.2.10 #2 Mon Jun 21 18:24:15 EDT 1999 i686 unknown

The GNU libc version is 2.1.1 .

I repeated the experiment with 2.8.1rel.2 on Debian 2.1, with the same
results.  I saved the HTML with lynx -source, then tried to view the file
with lynx and got the same results.  I can send the HTML file in case the
site changes.

Please let me know if I can supply additional help.  I don't have a debug
binary of lynx, but I can make one.

I am not subscribed, so please Cc: me.

Andrew