Re: lynx-dev patch that allows text inputs to be non-sticky

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch that allows text inputs to be non-sticky
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:54:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
>  Klaus, don't hurry!

Too late...

> > >    better: "non-sticky text input *fields*"
> > >    still better: something that avoids "sticky" altogether.  Not sure
> > >    what, but "FLY_OVER_INPUT_FILEDS:YES" or "AUTO_ENTER_INPUT_FIELDS:NO"
> > >    or "AUTO_LINEEDIT_INPUT_FIELDS:NO" seem preferable to me, maybe someone
> > >    else has a better idea.
> >
> >  We can vote for reasonable name for this functionality (I don't care what
> > the name would be). I like the following:
> > AUTO_ENTER_TEXTINPUTS
> > STICKY_TEXTINPUTS
>
>  Do you suggest the default value different from current lynx behaviour (you
> suggest FOO1:NO, FOO2:NO, FOO3:YES - ie with default values)?

No, of course not - the default would be either TRUE or FALSE, depending
on how the option is named.

>  Klaus, don't hurry, I analysed the situation and decided that the alternative
> variant won't work (there should be variable that holds the state of the
> textarea - whether it's not/drawn). So, all I can change is varable names.

Maybe you can still consider the ideas in my other message written earlier
(basically, (1) paying attention to cursor position and maybe statusline,
(2) try to use hightlight(ON) for input fields for something useful).
Could be that *then* the state is not necessary.

   Klaus